Saturday, March 22, 2008

Day 21- Revelations 7:9-17

Wow! What an amazing picture. I cannot even begin to fathom what this must look like with my very own eyes. But the Word of God is true, and this is the hope that we have. In vs. 9 it says,

"After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands."

When I read this, I felt like, "Well then, we better get moving! There's still much work to be done!" Reading this only stirred my heart more--to see the Church rise and keep preaching the gospel until we have fulfillled the will of the Lord.

But then I find myself in busy weeks such as these, and see my heart grow old and slow down in its zeal. There are more projects to deal with at work, multiple meetings to attend to throughout the week, presentations to get ready for, etc. I know what needs to get done, but instead of being full of joy and being wholly available for whatever the Lord asks of me, I more often find myself feeling tired, frustrated, and a bit "dizzy" from all the running around in trying to keep up with things.

However when I read vs. 14-17, I am fully humbled. For those who have gone through suffering, pain, hardships, and persevered through for the sake of the gospel, they will ultimately receive their rest from the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes! I realize I have nothing to complain about. What can compare to the suffering Christ had gone through for us? And He did so because He loved us. He loved us first!

As Easter has arrived today, may we reflect and give thanks to our God who loved us and gave His life for us! As it says in Hebrews 12:1-2:

"Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

No comments: