Monday, April 7, 2008

Day 37 - Proverbs 30:7-9

This prayer lifted up by Agur to the Lord is really wise and full of integrity. It's not a selfish prayer that we often lift up. I can sense that Agur really loves the Lord as he asks God to not refuse him before he dies. He knows life without God is meaningless and not having a relationship with God is the most devastating place to be especially when you're close to death. He also understands how this world is so wicked and full of lies that can draw him away from the Lord. I can see that his most sincere request is to be with God in a close relationship. Now he lifts up a humble request to God to give him just enough. How many of us can lift up this kind of prayer? I always ask God to give me more and never ask to give me less. Agur really understands the human nature. When we get too much, we get greedy and easily forget about God whether it's money or power. When we don't receive, we forget to depend on God and take things into our control that might lead us to sin and fall. He asks for just enough. In that sense, he can always remember God's faithfulness, always depend on God and always keep close to the Lord. Wow, what a prayer! I pray that I can lift up a humble prayer like Agur.

As the Miracle Sunday is coming up this weekend, I hope our church can lift up a prayer like Agur. That we will raise just enough to remember God's faithfulness and to continue to depend on God for the future. I pray that our church will always remember to stay close to God during this campaign and that we will experience God's provision as we depend on Him daily.

No comments: